A growing Hotel Management company is seeking highly motivated professionals to join our fast-paced team, where guest service is our number one priority. As part of a growing company, we are looking for applicants with the desire to grow with us. We value individual strengths and talents and give our team the tools they need to be successful. We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, incentive programs and opportunity for growth. We have various shifts available, for full or part time team members; scheduling will be further discussed at the interview. Holidays, nights and weekends will be required as needed.
The Position -Assistant General Manager:
Responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and provides support to the General Manager. Directs and coordinates hotels activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and maximize full potential with a balanced focus on hotels mission, guests, employees and owners’ satisfaction.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the General Manager in day to day operations to establish and monitor policies and guidelines in the day to day operation of the hotel to ensure profitability and consistency.
- Assigns duties to HOD's and observers performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Acts as the hotels public relations director and promotes the property within the hotel industry, local community and trade associations.
- Receives and resolved or assists the General manager in resolving guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Selects or assist in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paper works. Provides training to staff and head of departments.
- Review employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flows sheet, guest floor limit, AR Ageing reports, Direct billing etc.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Assist GM in key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, head of departments and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event needs.
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Assist the GM in in all aspects of business planning.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
Other General Requirements of the Position:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience of hotel/hospitality experience with focus on management.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Strong oral/written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of guests, team members, and management/owners.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within Rooms and/or Food & Beverage disciplines, as well as overall hotel operations.
- Knowledge of principles, values and processes for providing superior guest service.
- Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to project a professional, friendly and courteous image to guests and other team members.
- Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
- Ability to multi-task and be detailed oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit, check cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Able to properly secure guest information.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and kneeling.
- Ability to learn safety, emergency, and accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, and property management systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
An employment application is required for every position applied for and must be filled out completely, showing clearly that the minimum qualifications are met. All statements are subject to investigation and verification.
The testing process will include one more oral interviews with senior management staff as well as a written test (if deemed necessary).
To be determined.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, or service as a military veteran. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.