A growing Hotel Management company is seeking highly motivated professionals to join our fast-paced team, where guest service is our number one priority. As part of a growing company, we are looking for applicants with the desire to grow with us. We value individual strengths and talents and give our team the tools they need to be successful. We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, incentive programs and opportunity for growth. We have various shifts available, for full or part time team members; scheduling will be further discussed at the interview. Holidays, nights and weekends will be required as needed.
The Position -Bartender:
Provides the highest level of beverage and food service possible in an efficient, courteous, personable, and professional manner to ensure a positive guest experience.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setting up, stocking, cleaning, and maintaining all work areas; including restaurant and/or banquet facilities.
- Welcome and greet guests according to restaurant/hotel policy and with a warm friendly smile; answer questions and/or inquiries.
- Understand menu content, any menu changes, and promotional activities.
- Take orders and answer questions and/or make recommendations for items.
- Promote upselling at all levels.
- Serve orders and assist others with deliveries as needed.
- Observes diners to ensure guest satisfaction with food, beverages, and service.
- Field guest complaints, conduct research, resolve and negotiate solutions for optimum guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that Food & Beverage items are consistent good standard and delivered in a timely manner.
- Controls alcoholic beverage consumption of guests and stops serving when necessary.
- Remove plate and glass ware from bar/tables in a timely manner.
- Issues bills and accepts payments.
- Responsible for completing all closing duties; including completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Complete end of shift duties, setup/breakdown work areas, and stock inventory in preparation for next shift.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Balance and drop receipts according to hotel specifications.
- Inventory and maintain bar stock in accordance with established standards.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Food Safety and Alcohol Awareness Programs, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
Other General Requirements of the Position:
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of principles, values and processes for providing superior guest service.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to project a professional, friendly and courteous image to guests and other team members.
- Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
- Ability to multi-task and be detailed oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and kneeling.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and more than 25 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
An employment application is required for every position applied for and must be filled out completely, showing clearly that the minimum qualifications are met. All statements are subject to investigation and verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification, removal from the eligibility list, or discharge from employment.
The testing process will include one more oral interviews with senior management staff as well as a written test (if deemed necessary).
To be determined.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, or service as a military veteran. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.