A growing Hotel Management company is seeking highly motivated professionals to join our fast-paced team, where guest service is our number one priority. As part of a growing company, we are looking for applicants with the desire to grow with us. We value individual strengths and talents and give our team the tools they need to be successful. We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, incentive programs and opportunity for growth. We have various shifts available, for full or part time team members; scheduling will be further discussed at the interview. Holidays, nights and weekends will be required as needed.
The Position –Director of Sales:
Generates revenue to meet or exceed budget expectations. Works closely with the General Manager to develop an effective marketing plan and direct the sales effort as described in the marketing plan. Plans and administers sales policies and programs to foster and promote hotel patronage.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains accounts, and develops relationships in the marketplace.
- Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for groups within predefined Group Sales parameters.
- Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty.
- Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required.
- Identifies and analyzes competition, both locally and regionally.
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
- Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
- Demonstrates excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning.
- Designs new programs and campaigns to develop additional sales from the various market niches. Makes face-to-face sales calls.
- Ensures prompt and systematic servicing of all business accounts.
- Develops and maintains marketing plan and sales budget.
- Maintains all sales systems, such as sales records and reports, conference calendar, traces of history and potentials, logs of groups not previously accommodated, and mailing lists.
- Coordinates with other HOD to ensure all group needs are met.
- Reports sales production and progress weekly to GM.
- Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
- Provides sales training to hotel staff, as appropriate.
Other General Requirements of the Position:
- Degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of sales experience required; hospitality sales preferred.
- Excellent leadership skills and strong revenue management skills. Must be innovative and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work independently and have the drive to succeed.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of principles, values and processes for providing superior guest service.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be detailed oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to project a professional, friendly and courteous image to guests and other team members.
- Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
- Able to properly secure guest information.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift.
- Ability to learn safety, emergency, and accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, and property management systems.
- Must have a current driver’s license with a satisfactory motor vehicle record and use of a vehicle which is insured and maintained in good condition.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
An employment application is required for every position applied for and must be filled out completely, showing clearly that the minimum qualifications are met. All statements are subject to investigation and verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification, removal from the eligibility list, or discharge from employment.
The testing process will include one more oral interviews with senior management staff as well as a written test (if deemed necessary).
To be determined.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, or service as a military veteran. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.